Sunday, September 8, 2013

New Den Leader letter and Welcome back Scouts!









I'm getting so excited to start this new adventure as a Cub Scout den leader this month! I'm excited about helping to be apart of enriching the lives of boys and hoping to make a difference in the kind of men they will become. I have volunteered to be the Cub Scout leader for my son Jayden's den. He is a big 3rd grader this year and is a Bear cub. My youngest son Ian is a first grader as a Tiger cub. I wanted to share with you my welcome letter I sent to all the previous year's Cub Scout families welcoming them back to scouting as we start off this new school year! 

For all you Cub Scout leaders out there this would be a great idea to send this letter out as the boys start their new school year. I heard that the Scout Service Center received many calls from parents who didn't know that their school's Cub Scouts started. This letter I hope solve that problem and thought it would help you create yours.

Dear Parents,

Welcome back to Cub Scouts!  We welcome all of you back this fall! My name is xxxxxxxx. I am excited to announce that I have stepped up to become our new Den leader! 

I would like to set up a day and time that would work for our den meetings and wanted to get your feedback. I plan to have our den meet twice a month. I would like to put out the idea of having our meeting on xxxxx evenings at xxxxpm. Please let me know if this is a good date and time and then I can make arrangements with ( place where meeting will be held) for our meetings to take place there. If this day and time works, I can request a reservation for our first den meeting to be held on xxxxxx at xxxxpm. This first den meeting will serve as an orientation for everyone on how den meetings will be run and upcoming events. Refreshments will be served. 

I have always liked the idea of having at least one big group event every 6-8 weeks during the scouting year, be it a bike trip, camping or a hike. I will be planning some fun activities at different parks and local sites of interest. As a Den, the scouts will gather each month to work on different projects and activities from their Scout books.  As a result of these projects and with additional help at home, the Scouts can earn advancements and are subsequently recognized for their accomplishments in front of their peers and families at Pack events.

Uniforms: Make sure that your son has and wears a complete uniform to our meetings (hat, uniform shirt, neckerchief, neckerchief slide, official belt). We ask that boys wear either the official dark blue cub scout pants or shorts OR some other dark blue shorts or pants.


I'm looking forward to a good year, a good group of kids and parents willing to help make this happen. I am looking forward to a wonderful year watching the boys grow in Scouting.  If you have any questions, please email me or call me at xxx xxx-xxxx. I am very open to constructive suggestions and comments.  
Yours In Scouting,
xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...